28 September 2008

The Daugherty's Take Manhattan







My mom came to visit which afforded us all a great opportunity to take a holiday to visit New York City! We all drove drove to Staten Island (minus Azalea...thanks to my visiting teacher Lynnete for babysitting!) and took the Ferry (FREE can you believe it!) across the water and past beautiful Lady Liberty! We walked through the financial district (may it rest in peace...and may God have mercy on America) and scored AWESOME tickets at the TKTS booth there. (This is an insiders secret: There is a TKTS booth in the financial district with lines way shorter than the one at the booth in Times Square!) We had a lovely dinner over the water at the Southside Seaport before taking a subway up to the theater district. MARY POPPINS was the show of the night and it was SENSATIONAL!!!! I love that movie already and supremely enjoyed the broadway. When Mary actually rose up off the stage and up and above the audience at the end of the show, it truly brought tears of joy to my eyes!
I am a pure theater enthusiast
!

Thank you so much mom! What a great memory you made with all of us!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

You just need a spoon full of sugar for your treat fix.

Nash said...

So glad to see your posts, life sounds exciting.
If you are like me, then it is better to have NO treats in the house, except I usually want one enough that I will go get one. sad huh?
I have wanted to go to NY for years and see a show. Explain that ticket deal again.

Camilla Millar said...

Oh, I'm jealous, I ALSO LOVE the THEATRE. I could go to a play every night.

Glad you got to get away with your hubby and the older kids.

Camille said...

What a great time -- I'm so glad you guys are taking in the whole experience there in Philly!

Carrie said...

What a fun trip! That sounds awesome. I've recently rediscovered "Mary Poppins" with Abby and would LOVE to see it performed life. I'm glad you guys are doing well!
Love, Carrie

Holly said...

Prairie! I've missed you guys. Looks like NY was super fun. You look like a Diva in her element. Hope you're having a great time in your new home.