15 October 2008

Franklin Science Institute!

Picture a sunken pirate ship loaded down with real treasure -"pieces of eight," the Jolly Roger, canons, pistols, rope tying, masonic dishes, a 300 year old fibula of John King, the 9 year old runaway turned pirate, and stories of true love, war, mutiny, robbery, slavery, and nor'eastern storms, and you will have the images of our family having a fascinating time at the REAL PIRATES attraction at the Franklin Science Institute. Thanks to "Communinty Day" we got to go for free! Lovin' it Philly!

2 comments:

SydneyMin said...

How fun! We went to the King Tut exhibit there last year. It was fantastic!

Anne House said...

Prairie, so nice to hear from you...I looked through yours and loved your blog.. Your kids are adorable..especially the little poison bush girl..I saw your mother (it was SO NICE to meet her at graduation..we had so much in common... How's Parley?)
..It made me think of my dear friend Deanna,
Parley's wife, and my roomie...if you go way deep into my blog you'll see a picture of all ten of my BYU roommates..and she's there. Your mother may know several of the others, as they were from Nampa and Ontario.
I'm going to look into that "Gender Matters" book.. Thanks...